Pastels are a great way to add a touch of spring to your wardrobe. They’re also a good option for those who want to avoid wearing too much black. Try pairing pastels with neutrals or other pastels for a soft and feminine look.
If you’re looking for some inspiration on how to wear pastels, here are some tips and ideas:
– Choose pastels that suit your skin tone and hair color. For example, if you have warm undertones, opt for peach, coral, or mint. If you have cool undertones, go for lavender, baby blue, or pink.
– Mix and match pastels with different textures and patterns. For example, you can wear a pastel sweater with a floral skirt, or a pastel blazer with a striped shirt. This will add some interest and contrast to your outfit.
– Accessorize with pastels. You don’t have to wear pastels from head to toe. You can also use pastels as accents in your accessories, such as shoes, bags, jewelry, or scarves. This will give you a pop of color without being overwhelming.
– Balance pastels with neutrals. If you’re not ready to embrace the full-on pastel trend, you can still incorporate some pastels into your wardrobe by pairing them with neutrals, such as white, beige, gray, or denim. This will create a chic and sophisticated look that’s perfect for any occasion.
Pastels are a wonderful choice for adding a fresh and vibrant touch to your wardrobe, particularly during the spring season. They offer a softer alternative to the classic black and can create a lovely, feminine aesthetic. Pairing pastels with neutrals or other pastels can help you achieve a cohesive and stylish ensemble. Here are a few tips for incorporating pastels into your outfits:
- Pastels with neutrals: Combine pastel hues like baby blue, soft pink, mint green, or lavender with neutral tones such as white, beige, gray, or camel. This combination creates a clean and elegant look. For example, you could wear a pastel pink blouse with white trousers or a mint green skirt with a beige sweater.
- Pastels with other pastels: Experiment with different pastel shades to create a harmonious and delicate outfit. Mix and match colors like pale yellow, lilac, light coral, or sky blue. You can wear a pastel yellow dress with a light blue cardigan or pair a lilac blouse with mint green pants. Be sure to balance the colors to avoid overwhelming the overall look.
- Pastels with bold accents: If you prefer a more dynamic style, you can add a pop of color with bold accessories or statement pieces. For instance, combine a pastel outfit with a vibrant handbag, a pair of colorful shoes, or a patterned scarf. This way, you can maintain the softness of the pastels while adding a touch of energy to the ensemble.
- Textures and patterns: Incorporate different textures and patterns into your pastel outfits to add depth and visual interest. Opt for pastel garments with delicate lace details, ruffles, or embroidery. You can also experiment with pastel floral prints or subtle patterns like gingham or stripes.